Welcome to Advanced Flight Modeling’s G5 EFIS attitude indicator & DG/HSI display!
Quick Facts: The Advanced Flight Modeling G5 is a simulation inspired by the Garmin G5 and is for X-Plane 11. It is a true to life simulation which may be ran in different modes for your favorite aircraft(s) in X-Plane.
Compatibility: Mac & Windows. X-Plane 11 only.
About the G5
The AFM G5 electronic flight instrument is an all-in-one backup or primary “glass cockpit” display. The G5 has 2 pilot-selectable main page formats: a PFD page and a DG (directional gyro) or HSI (horizontal situation indicator) page. By combining visual cues and data readouts once scattered across a myriad of instruments, G5 makes flight information easier to scan — so pilots can respond more quickly and intuitively to any inflight situation.
- Can be ran with any aircraft in pop-out mode, or in the 3D cockpit when an aircraft developer includes the option for it.
- The default X-Plane Cessna 172 is included with the G5 mod ready to fly
- A great set of instruments to assist in your instrument scan and assist with safer flight
- Works perfectly with the RealSimGear G5 for X-Plane
- We are ready to assist add-on developers and modders in integrating the G5 into their aircraft!
|Included with G5 Download
|Downloads with Islander Automatically
|It will be installed by Islander installer if a G5 license is purchased
|18 Sept 2020
|BN-2T Turbine Islander
|Downloads with Turbine Islander Installer Automatically
|It will be installed by the Turbine Islander installer if a G5 license is purchased.
|29 Jan 2021
|REP Cessna 172 SP
|– C172: Included with original download
– REP: Purchase expansion separately
|1. Install the G5 from AFM as normal
2. Install the Reality Expansion Pack into “X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Cessna 172SP G5”
|M20R Ovation II
|Download the M20 G5 Patch here
|1. Duplicate the “M20R Ovation II” folder in “X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation”
2. Rename the duplicated folder to be called “M20R Ovation II G5”
3. Merge the downloaded files into this folder
|21 Feb 2020
|Download the Zlin Z-142 Patch here
|1. Download the Patch file to the left
2. Add the contents to your Zlin folder
3. Open the Zlin G5 Aircraft in X-Plane!
|2 May 2020
|Leading Edge Simulations
|Beechcraft Sundowner C23
|Leading Edge Simulations
|Downloads with C23 Automatically
|It will be installed by the C23 installer if a G5 license is purchased
Aircraft Developers: Please reach out and we can get a complimentary copy of the G5 for you to integrate into your aircraft!